Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Truth of the matter is I'm Complicated

I live eat and breath gluten free
And it can be frustrating<------
I appreciate all the positive feed back on my blog I really do <3 .
When someone is dealing with celiac disease it can get exhausting repeating yourself.
I mean I love educating people about celiac disease ...
But there comes a day where I just wish I was NORMAL <--- Like the other day......
  I went to the gym with some girlfriends and as we are heading out they have a smoothie table set up...I already know those smoothies aren't gluten free so I don't bother but my friend stop and the guy on the corner of the table proceeds to ask me if I would like a smoothie I say "no thanks" ...he was very persistent..."are you sure bleh bleh bleh" ....I then ask does it contain Gluten (that's right I Used the G Word) and he looks dumbfounded ( just the look I wasn't in the mood for ) and then I smiled and said another polite pass he said he thinks they have something gluten free but at the store not in the samples. I commend him for trying at the end but i already felt defeated by GLUTEN. I hate feeling like a brat when I ask "does it contain gluten?" I shouldn't but I do  bleh bleh bleh and that look I get I really try to be positive...and Appreciate that I am Not alone anymore My Gluten free fam bam is there to share these moments with me.

what would you like to read about?
 I LOVE when you email me and tell me your stories!
please dont stop :)
"EDUCATE UNTIL YOU TURN GREEN! " 
PS: www.Glutenfreewitheli.blogspot.com is moving to www.glutenfreewitheli.com


PPS. www.celiacandthebeast.com still needs our help! she has reached her first goal!
Keep it up!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844349998/gluten-free-lifestyle-book-launch-for-celiac-and-t 

xoxo
-Eli
Eli