Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cheaters NEVER Prosper!

Why do people cheat ?
 Cheating is serious !!!
No I'm not talking about relationships.
 I'm talking about GLUTEN. If you have sensitivity to gluten or celiac disease in general cheating is the worst thing you can do.
 trust me your body will know! There's no way to sneak around and cheat on being gluten free.
Celiac disease is serious. I've had people ask me If I ever cheat and automatically say NO! Are you crazy? I don't wanna feel that pain anymore ...sure I joke about eating papa johns pizza with extra cheese and extra sauce sometimes but that doesn't mean I'll do it! 
Gluten has the worse effect on my body...it feels like a group of people jumped on my stomach over and over again.

Come on people!!!!

I met a mom of a 13 year old who also had celiac disease. She said if her daughter was good she'd let her have regular waffles or pizza...she'd just enough gluten so she wouldn't get "sick". Whhhhhhaaaattttt?(in the minion voice ) I wanted to scream at this woman!!!!!
What the heck are you thinking you are rewarding her with GLUTEN!?!?!?!? Did a doctor tell her "hey it's okay for her to have gluten sometimes...or she can just take the pain...???
I was brand new to the GF lifestyle when I met this woman and her daughter so I wasn't sure what to say or do in that situation!
But now I can say it without hesitation Say NO to GLUTEN if you have celiac disease ! Say NO to the Pain! Yes gluten is amazing!!!!!! If you don't have Celiac problems <------- but if you do and you eat it....you are basically Killing your insides!!!  You are weakening yourself!  Whether its ....
  • Abdominal cramping*****
  • intestinal gas*****
  • Distention and bloating of the stomach*****
  • Chronic diarrhea or constipation (or both)*****
  •  Steatorrhea – fatty stools
  • Anemia – unexplained, due to folic acid, B12 or iron deficiency (or all) Unexplained weight loss with large appetite or weight gain ****
(found on  www.celiac.org)
More you want more okay here you go...
  • Dental enamel defects
  • Osteopenia, osteoporosis
  • Bone or joint pain****
  • Fatigue, weakness and lack of energy*****
  • Infertility – male/female
  • Depression*****
  • Mouth ulcers
  • Delayed puberty
  • Tingling or numbness in hands or feet*****
  • Migraine headaches*****
(found on Www.celiac.org)

And some long term conditions <---
  • Iron deficiency anemia****
  • Early onset osteoporosis or osteopenia
  • Vitamin K deficiency associated with risk for hemorrhaging.  
  •  Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
  • Central and peripheral nervous system disorders - usually due to unsuspected nutrient deficiencies Pancreatic insufficiency Intestinal lymphomas
  •  other GI cancers (malignancies)
  • Gall bladder malfunction **** (that happened to me because I went 20 years Eating Gluten)
  •  Neurological manifestations
( found on www.celiac.org)

Now do you understand why I freak out when people cheat?????
why would you do that to your BODY????
 YES I AM Lecturing you :) because if I don't who will?? 
Take care of your body its the only one you'll ever have!

I wish Everyone was More educated about Celiac Disease....Doctors , Nurses , Hospital staff ,Mothers , Fathers, Sisters ,Brothers, Aunts ,Uncles, Friends and so on.
Please Help Me Raise Awareness and Educate.

Don't Cheat Stay Gfree If you have Celiac problems <3

xoxo thanks for letting me vent

-Eli

Please feel free to email me eli.felix717@gmail.com