Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Getting Down to Gluten Free Buisness

First off  Happy Celiac Awareness Month

This month is not only CELIAC AWARENESS Month it is also MY 4 year Anniversary in my Gluten free Adventure.

Do you  know the Facts ????
(I sure didn't!)
Gluten is everywhere! 
Gluten is in everything!!!!!   
(No dramatization) not only is it in wheat,oat,barley,rye and flour.
(Meaning cookies cakes, beer oatmeal....pizza...the list goes on and on)
By Now your thinking oh please Eli (rolling your eyes and all)
 so let me ask you...
Is there gluten in the following 
  • shampoo
  • conditioner 
  • tooth paste
  • Hairspray 
  • mousse 
  • gel
  • Make up 
  • Perfume 
  • Body wash 
  • Soap
  • Laundry detergent 
  • Band aids 
  • Shaving cream
  • Chap stick
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Lotion  
  • vitamins 
  • Candy
  • Gum
  • Play dough 
  • envelopes
  • chocolate
  • ice cream
  • coffee creamer
  • medicine
  • salad dressing
  • cheese
  • sauce
 The answer is YES <--- there is gluten in all of those products
(for the most part you can find all of that in a gluten free version)
the reason why I listed more non-food products was so I can Point out that Gluten is everywhere.
sometimes It can really be a nightmare!
People always ask me if I have an outward reaction to any of the products from above.
Yes if you have celiac disease you can have an outward reaction.(sometimes people have no reaction)
For example : when I used a non gluten free shampoo, I felt like my head was rolled in a red ant pile!
another time when I used a NON GF LIPSTICK!!!!! Oye it Was Terrible my mouth puffed up like Eddie Murphy in the Nutty professor!!!
and my last example....BAND AIDS!!!!! what the french toast!!!!! who saw that one coming???? I had a cut and suddenly it turned into another WORLD on my leg because of my band aid!
(Well that changes EVERYTHING!)

read your labels people!!! look things up I  told you in my last post GOOGLE is My best friend when it comes to my Health. if you have Celiac disease it should be your best friend too!
I feel very blessed to have friends who make me GF Cupcakes and order GF Pizzas for parties and events. it really helps to have friends and family support. especially when you feel like you are all alone and you can't EAT ANYTHING! (that can get depressing!)(I BELIEVE IN FOOD) They also take the time to learn more about the Disease and help me spread awareness. They call me or text me when they see new things at the supermarket! Those are the little things in life that Make me Happy.
I have An amazing hair stylist (also like a sister to me ) who thankfully researched all the products before using them on my head. She also shared those facts with her co-workers so they can know difference (now that's spreading Celiac awareness!) It still Amazes me that that Gluten is In hair products.

I hope you feel alittle more educated today on celiac disease...
This Gluten free thing Can BE HARD But you are NOT ALONE!

thank you for reading and sharing <3

all my love
Eli

if you have any request or even questions please email me :)
Eli.felix717@gmail.com


HAPPY CELIAC AWARENESS MONTH!!!! GO OUT THERE AND EDUCATE OTHERS!!