Friday, May 24, 2013

NEVER LOSE YOUR PASSION


Never lose your passion<----

Always educate and embrace change.


Originally I was going to direct this blog to food.
My favorite topic !

BUT IN honor of MAY I felt I needed to spread light on celiac awareness. It seems that my passion for spreading awareness has heightened since April. After meeting Chrissy from www.glamwithoutgluten.com ( who in case you didn't know is AMAZING! ) I was diagnosed 4 years ago, but honestly I've always felt so alone on this gluten free journey until Chrissy started a closed Facebook support group. www.facebook.com/groups/glamwithoutglutensupport
 These woman educate me on the daily. I'm so grateful to have them
!They have such PASSION and strength.
To top it off it feels amazing to have friends that feel or have felt exactly how I have felt...and fear what I fear...and get mad about things I get mad about.  
Something happened this last week I'm sure you all herd about it the Disney channel aired an episode on the Jessie show that bullied a kid with celiac disease well this really hurt my fellow gluten free family (we didn't choose to have celiac disease and it's not something we joke about ) the Disney channel respected the feelings of the fellow GF community and removed that episode from airing ... BUT later a comedian Decided to poke fun at us again by talking down at CELIACS around the world and reinacting the scene from the Disney channel .(not cool) A LOT of people still think that it's all in our heads ...or a made up disease ....MADE up....tell that to the years of me throwing up...tell that to the years of being misdiagnosed ....it hurt us WE ARE DIFFERENT BUT WE ARE STILL HUMAN AND HAVE FEELINGS!
 CELIAC DISEASE can be triggered by something emotional that happens to you....Whether that be pregnancy, stress, divorce and whatnot it's life. life happens and you get the celiac disease and you got to keep moving!(that's what we have to do)

 Honestly people are so passionate for breast cancer awareness, HIV awareness ,childhood cancer awareness, diabetes's awareness,autism awareness ,ovarian cancer awareness lets add celiac disease to that list!!!!
I am very passionate about all of those. I feel like we aren't educated enough in all of those and more!!!! Its Ignorance<----- 
Eeekkkk tough subject I know.
My problem is I'd rather be brutally honest with you. like I am with my friends and my family.
I feel like we can all be a little ignorant and also we can lack empathy ! 
 it's so easy for us to forget about other people and situations they go through. Whether they are normal person or celebrity.... I actually had this argument with my best friend the other day it lasted about 30 minutes going back-and-forth back-and-forth And although she still didn't agree with me at the end she respected the fact that I stood by what I believed and understood my point of view and I respected the fact that she stood by what she believed and also understood her point of view... We took into account to what each other's said.

NOW If only the WORLD could do the SAME! Open your eyes, be the change!

if someone tells you they have an allergy to onions,Peanut butter , Fish , cucumber or WHATEVER.....
 ( TAKE THEM SERIOUS)
its there life and THEY MATTER ,Its my life and I MATTER !

Celiac disease isn't a food allergy it's an auto immune disease and it hurts!


I feel like I'm rambling and I'm sure I want to write more.
I'll leave it at that tho.
thank you for reading



what would you like to read about?